Tuesday, March 30, 2010

some people have pets; i have bikes

I took my fixie on a date to show it around the area. And on the way, Spring came in from across the lake, with its embracing temperatures and pungent smells. Riding it was like visiting an old friend, and I realized that my bike was like my pet. Rather: just one of my pets. First I took it on a test ride to make sure I had cleaned and lubed the chain well enough. Then tooled around until I found this picturesque train crossing. Then to the beach. The lake was wet! I missed the ice cracking and thawing, so it was like visiting a wholly different beach.

It was good to get back into the real world from the Lost world. I felt more like an addict last night as I had to watch episodes from the current season on some random, probably off-shore, website. I'm not sure how it was legal, but I had no other choice; they were no longer on abc or hulu. I'm not totally caught up but getting close. Ironically, just as I posted the other day that Lost transcended good and evil, now it's starting to appear that no, in fact, the whole thing is just a struggle between two people--one more good than the other.

hanging out at the beach



so
much
can change
in a month
a week
a day

No comments:

Post a Comment