Monday, March 22, 2010

Koyaanisqatsi

One big item of big news I can't talk about, another I'd rather not. I could go on about Health Care Reform (#hcr), which, by this point, is more of a relief than a specific joy.

And so I'll share other things:
  • I wrote a pretty good blog post on ChicagoNOW yesterday regarding the past, present and future (demise) of opera.
  • I've been spending a lot of time at Intelligentsia because: Last week I was feeling weird; I thought it might be the espresso (or the maker). I feel better now, so today I'll try the espresso maker again and see how it makes me feel.
  • Did I tell you about the orgiastic play festival devoted to Dionysus on Saturday? Some amateurish acting, some pretty good, and just good stories from Greek mythology. Gratuitous swearing too.
  • This is my 11,146th day alive!
  • And finally, I found last night's Simpsons on hulu thanks to Huffington Post on Twitter. And then watched the whole episode only to find: a cultural reference to Philip Glass!



No comments:

Post a Comment