Monday, March 22, 2010

hand wash

The end result of this mornings trials and tribulations is me wearing wet clothes to dry them and hanging the rest in the bathtub. And some by the windows. No pictures, 'cause I'm too modest.

Tant pis.

Coïncidences just make me laugh these days and I had a couple good guffaws today. None that I can tell you.

Schade.

I just watched Inglorious Basterds (to continue my obsession with WWII movies) and could understand the French and some of the German. The way to get to Carnegie? Practice. After the string of serious, fact-based films, it was such a joy to see some levity--and to see the Nazis get beat the eff down. And it was just a fun, quirky movie.

Let me tell you to cement it in my head: the time for words is afternoon or evening; the time for sounds is morning. I need to reverse my schedule so that I'm back to blogging at night and composing in the morning. And only checking emails a couple times a day not every 5 minutes.

Progress.

I think Brad Pitt's character in Basterds is still resonating in my head; I can hear his voice having an influence on my writing--but I'm filtering most of it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment