Monday, January 18, 2010

obligatory post

Got up late, got to work late, worked on some ideas that I had had. One, to set up Live sets for live electronic performance, turned out not so bad. After a few tweaks - and learning the rules of what makes it listenable or not - I was able to improvise the various bass, drums, and whatever else and bring it together. I'm practicing to be able to play live.
The other idea I had started off well but then the hazy vision I had for it got even cloudier. It's a mashup of two of my favorite orchestra pieces. You can listen to it on my tumblr site.

I had thought last night of gong to some cafe today - to get out of the house, maintain my connection with humanity - but it wasn't to be. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm watching Anikan fall to the dark side; he's such a whiny crybaby. It reminds me of someone I'm getting to know all too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment