Saturday, January 23, 2010

app that

I'm sitting in Intelligentsia imagining. I had a sublime moment of confluence and wanted to blog about it but am in Chicago and left my laptop in Michigan. What to do? Answer: download a free app (using the wifi hotspot) and write a post. Everything is so amazing.

So they've been playing the beatles all morning. What goes through someone's mind when they put the entire beatles catalog on shuffle? Really? Aren't we sick of them yet? Or maybe a couple songs in a mix for the comedic kitsch familiartity factor. But for real, they're not backing down.

And I've been sketching for the orchestra piece. I think I came up with a working title: lim 8->1. But turn the 8 on its side so it's infinity. And the piece starts with a cloud of possibilities that gradually get more and more focused, finally landing on one note. From an infinity of possibilities we emerge and begin choosing one over the other every moment of every day, carving out a self. And suddenly, like coming out of a dream, I realized that Come Together was on. Perfect. The cloud coming together to form the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment