Monday, January 3, 2011

Top 10 of '10 #9

9) #1 Rock/Pop Concert: Sufjan at the Chicago Theater
I heard Sufjan was coming, forgot, remembered again, and then, right before his concert, was hanging out with a girl (3 dates, yer out!) who had tickets to the show. Not extra tickets, just tickets for her (and a friend, possibly a "friend"). I had to go. I found some tickets on the internet, paying slightly more than I would have otherwise, and went (by myself). It wasn't the concert I expected (involving a lot more new music (exclusively) and less Illinoise (limited to the encore)) but was inspired and inspiring. It was like going to a symphony concert with just a little more dancing in the aisles. (Almost like the time I saw Youssou N'Dour.) And when he finally played Chicago, John Wayne Gacy, something something UFO sighting, and probably the Decatur song, the place exploded, the almost sexual frustration boiling over and flowing out into the ether.

Sufjan infringing on Roger Ebert's trademark


No comments:

Post a Comment