Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top 10 of '10 #8

8) #1 Bike Race: Indian Lakes
Really?  A bike race beats out Sufjan?  Maybe Sufjan is not doing what I thought he was doing; it's still great but it's not transcendental.  This bike race, my 6th this year, was the first that I got on the podium.  And my parents were there to see it.  As much as I would like to pretend like it doesn't matter to me whether or not they (or even friends) come to watch me race, it was nice to have them there.  And they got to see a good race.  The first one, I went out hard and pretty much stayed between 10th and 14th the whole race, finishing 11th.  The second, I went out like a bullet, led for the whole first lap and part of the second, was called a "sandbagger" (and sort of agreed), finally got passed by a guy who really was a sandbagger, got caught by my teammate who then fell, and ended up finishing well ahead of him: 2nd place.  I got 2nd again the next week and then fell off due to excessive Thanksgiving food consumption and a complete lack of training.

Here I am a sandbagger in the sand.


No comments:

Post a Comment