Thursday, June 10, 2010

rise above the wave ahead

Procrastination makes everything better. I'm sure that's how wine was discovered. (speaking of which, sip)

I'm sitting in a room in a French country house in the suburbs of Paris. Everything that I was building is either built or on hold. Including this blog. This blog was meant to be the commentary on my alone time in the woods of Michigan, embodying the struggle. And I was that struggle, and I am precisely that which I struggled against. But now I'm not struggling. Now I feel more like I'm living.

And so while I've been thinking about it, hinting at it, muttering it under my breath at coffee shops, now it's time to do it: end it. I have come to appreciate moments of cadence, juncture, as necessary to a healthy perception of time. And time is all we really have, no matter how many times it slips through out fingers.

So while this will be my last real post on this blog (I will finish culling for another best of post) I have already started another one: cork in the sea. Not only is it a line from one of my songs, it's the way I like to live my life, the way I'll have to be as I crisscross Europe for the next few months, sleeping on couches, guest rooms, and fancy hotels, hitchhiking and ridesharing to travel; it's going to be fun.

But not a struggle. It's more a matter of flow. As in, go with it.

Which is both exciting and difficult, so get ready for some good stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment