Monday, May 17, 2010

moon day

Don't forget, today is the moon's day, so I can be as mercurial as I want. When is Mercury's day?

I had two funny moments of synchronicity that I couldn't describe poetically. First, Friday morning, I did a tour for the Gundlach Bundschu wine club. Despite their age--40s through 70s--they were a fun group: a bunch of wine enthusiasts on a rampage through Chicago for the weekend, not knowing what was coming next. The tour was a bit of a surprise, especially for the handful of geriatric types who couldn't handle the biking. We were prepared. There were a half-dozen pedicabs that came on the tour, transporting up to 12 people. They were the typical skinny hipster types with tattoos but had on shirts and ties for the occasion. After the tour they had to hurry up to Wrigley to shuttle people around after the game.

I ate on the tour--a clear perk along with the bottle of wine they gave me--but Martin "Safety" Hazard was stuck in the shop, so I offered to pick him up a 5-dollar footlong. As soon as I entered Subway, I looked at the flatscreen--yes, a flatscreen in Subway--and saw that they had the Cubs game on. But instead of showing the Cubs at that moment, they were showing the 5 pedicab guys I had seen earlier that day. Must have been a slow inning. I suspect they showed them on tv mostly because of their wardrobe, which was inspired by working with us. Just another random moment. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment